These cute Little pieces of milk toffees are one of my favorite sweets from childhood days. When I was little there was this aunty near our home used to make them for every festival and never forgot to share with us. we were eagerly waiting for her milk toffees on every festival days. I still miss those ones. but I never tried to make them by myself.sometimes my mom used to make it. so I finally decided to give it a try. when I was browsing in search of some recipes I came through a little different recipe than my mom’s one for milk toffee. Those toffees were cute, so I went through with that recipe and the end result was amazing. I can definitely tell that these were tasted as good as that aunty’s milk toffee. Thank you so much Lavish Treats for your wonderful recipe.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk 1 Can (395g)
- Sugar 1 Cup/200g
- Butter 30 g
- Chopped Cashew Nuts 1 Cup
- Cardamom Powder 1/2 Tsp
- Water 1 + 1/2 Cup
- Grease a tray with butter and keep it aside.In a large non-stick pan add 1/2 cup of water, sugar and condensed milk. wash out the condensed milk can with 1 cup of water for any remaining and add that as well.using a wooden spoon mix well and place the pan on medium – low heat.
- when the mixture comes to a brisk boil add in butter and stir continuously.
- Keep on stirring for about 10 minutes until the colour starts to change into light brown add in cardamom powder and give quick mix, then continue stirring.
- After stir continuously for a good 10 minutes add in chopped cashews and give a good mix. keep on stirring.
- Stir for another 10 minutes or so until the fudge comes off the sides of the pan and lovely golden brown in color.
- This is the perfect consistency. Transfer the fudge to the buttered tray immediately and spread the fudge evenly with a buttered clean spoon. make cuts into desired shapes you like, while it is warm. let it cool completely before you store in a airtight container.